Kids Ministry Teacher
Open Classes: TK/Kindergarten, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8
Location: Makers Church, 3810 Bancroft Street, San Diego, CA
Supervisor: Families Director
Compensation: $20 hour; paid bi-weekly
Our Kids Ministry Teachers are responsible for teaching Biblical lessons through the Grow curriculum and running the games and/or craft activities laid out by the Families Director each Sunday. Teachers must have a God-centered heart with a focus on educating and loving the next generation of disciples.
New applicants can state on their cover letter if they would like to apply for the role as a paid internship to include projects to fit university credit requirements.
- Classroom prep and teaching the curriculum laid out by the Families Director, including facilitating discussion, games and/or crafts, and activities. (Required hours: Sunday 8:30 AM-11:30 AM)
- Work collaboratively alongside Maker’s pastors, staff, parents, and volunteers.
- Facilitate safe and smooth child check-in and check-out processes each Sunday.
- Provide support at Makers’ Church events
- Mandatory incident reporter.
- A love for God and children, considering our youth to be the next generation of disciples.
- A professional with role-aligned experience or a student pursuing a degree or beginning a career in child development, pediatric nursing, Christian studies, education, ministry, teaching, youth and family ministry, pastoral studies, or the equivalent. If the applicant is seeking internship credit, they must state any degree requirements in their application.
- Professional or volunteer experience serving and/or leading in a church children’s ministry, childcare, classroom, or working with caregivers and families.
- Safety screening includes passing a LiveScan background check.